Saturday, February 7, 2009

Valentine's Crafts

Enough of that spider! Kyle and I both decided that we need to start forming traditions and being a little more festive when it comes to holidays. I saw these little packs on Jon and Kate plus 8 that attached to each kids chair and were filled with fun Valentine's goodies, so I decided to adopt that tradition. I would've liked to just buy the packs, but didn't know where to find them, so I ended up making them. Not a great picture, I'm a horrible photographer. Eventually, I would like to embroider our names on them, but plain with have to do this year. I thought ahead and made one for the baby. They button onto the back of a chair at the kitchen table where each of us sit. Each of them were about $4 to make, although you could get much fancier than I did. Kyle had been instructed to fill mine (forced love). We plan on just putting goodies, books, small toys, etc in them....although a diamond could definitely fit. After I made them, I found a tutorial, which looks much more complicated than the ones I made, but if anyone wants to make them I can send you the link (I'm having problems adding the link...and my go to person is still out of town).

My sewing machine has officially been put away!!

So with the machine out of sight I found this simple project that only took about 1 hour to complete. I couldn't get a decent picture of mine but this is the crocheted heart garland....super easy and also very inexpensive!


And now I think I will delete the craft blogs from my reader so I don't have the desire to make anything else!

8 comments:

The Ward Family said...

WoW! I hope someday I can learn all that stuff. You are my idol! I can't read patterns. I crochet a blanket and a hat but with the hat I didn't have a pattern so I just started big and got smaller :) I would love that link for the little bags. They're so cute. I'm working on Jocelynn's quiet book for church. My mom is helping me. I showed her yours. Do you have any patterns?

Kenny said...

I want, I need, I HAVE to have that garland! Will you please teach me to crochet...like, today??

Ashley said...

You are very crafty!!!--I would like the link for those bags...thanks!

The Holloway's said...

I would love the link for the bag they are SO CUTE!!! I would like to make the heart garland too, but that would mean that you would have to come out to AZ to teach me how to crochet! Can't wait to see the new baby!

Jill said...

Great valentine crafts! I'm still hoping to get a few more sewing projects in... I have a feeling this little girl isn't in a hurry to come out soon.

Olive-us said...

I love all your festive crafts! So creative and talented!

Sarah Hull said...

Those are fantastic! I love the bags. I have a friend doing the "valentine fairy" and those bags would be perfect to put notes and such in. I'll have to tell her about those darling bags.
Loving the garland too!

Kevin and Melissa said...

Don't retire yet, I put in a good word with Kyle this weekend to give you a must have craft room. Although he did laugh in disgust so good luck?!