Monday, February 9, 2009

Double dose of Dr's

Doctor's appointment #1:

Logan had his 18 month check up yesterday. Apparently in the late stages of my pregnancy I have lost my mind and thought Logan was born on August 9th. I've been telling everyone, that was his birthday, have filled out paperwork with that date, and thought that Sunday was the last of us fighting him throughout 3 hours of church (he would start nursery). It wasn't until I was talking to friends last week that I was reminded that he was actually born on August 19th....oops (I was married on August 9th). Oh well, the doctor was fine with seeing him a little early and now I don't have to worry about checkups until he is 2 years old!

Doctor's findings:

-He's skinny (25th percentile) and tall (95th percentile)
-He doesn't have the same love as his mom does for medical equipment (he continuously slapped the Dr.'s equipment away from him)
-He has a viral infection causing secretions to flow from nearly every orifice along with a complete loss of appetite.
-He's developing normally according to all screening tools, but I think he has a screw loose (like me)
-No shots needed this time around!!!
-Dr. Chang was surprised to see him with so much hair. I've been hearing that a lot lately, and it wasn't until I took him out of the shower and dried his hair that I realized he does have quite a bit!
I don't know what to do with it!


Doctor's appointment #2:

Today I had an ultrasound to look at the baby's echogenic focus. I didn't have an ultrasound this far along with Logan, so it was fun and crazy to see how big this baby is inside of me! I had filled my bladder as instructed and could barely walk prior to the exam. When the tech started the ultrasound she gasped at how full my bladder was with a huge baby head resting on it and couldn't believe I wasn't crying (I was inside). Apparently, I have really good bladder control. The little guy is estimated at weighing is 8lbs. 7oz today. He was healthy, moving, focus is still there, but the heart looks great. I can't wait to see him in color!

Then I had a doctor's appointment with my OB. I lost two pounds this week (which Dr. Ricci suggested was probably due to a difference in shoes....thanks doc). Other than that, she checked me and I am closed, darn it!

5 comments:

Braden and Jodee said...

Oh that is pretty funny about Logan's bday. The joys of prego brain! I'm sorry your closed up shop down there, but I bet you're stoked on the weight loss! I need to try that next time around.

Kenny said...

I remember you telling me the 9th when we went to disneyland, and I knew it wasn't that early in August that he was born, but I wasn't going to argue with you! I can't wait to get that baby here. Don't even worry about not being dilated. I wasn't even a 2 before I went into labor and she arrived after less than 4 hours!

Ash and Christian said...

First of all, what is an echogenic focus and why haven't I heard about it?

Secondly, why are you wearing shoes on the scale? I take off everything I can: sweaters, shoes, sunglasses, necklaces, watch, even earrings sometimes.

Can't wait for that baby.

A Rosie Family said...

Ok.. that is just too funny about Logan's birthday! Did you remember your anniversary then? He is getting so grown up and so darn cute! Can't wait to meet that baby #2! Soon.. hopefully!?

Hamblins said...

Trisha, I remembered Trents b-day wrong for at least 2 years. I'm so happy to hear that another mom did that to her kid. I have a dr's app. today and I hope I lose some pounds too but I think sometimes... what's the use??? I'm not even gonna look at the scale today.:D I hope we both can get thing going. Maybe we will have them on the same day!!!

Sally