Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Nothing new

I haven't been doing anything too exciting around here lately. So, I thought I would finally pull out some needle and thread and start a little project. I've almost lost all my desire to do anything crafty because I get sick of cleaning up the mess, but I thought this project might be a little easier than a big sewing machine project. I made Logan a quiet book a while back that I hate. We never use it. I need to just throw it away. One of my favorite blogs just posted their homemade quiet book that I love so here are the beginnings to my new one. It's nice because it is all hand stitched/embroidered so I don't have to pull out the sewing machine. None of these are my ideas.....all copied from a very crafty blogging friend! So go ahead and start your kids a quiet book, it is the perfect craft to do while watching TV.

Button on letters so the kids learn how to spell their names. A cute barn whose doors open with finger puppets inside
an aquarium page, all the fish velcro on. They were a pain to sew but are so cute.
A little mailbox, the flag buttons on
The mailbox opens up for letters. I made one for Logan with a velcro on stamp.
I think I have 6 more pages in the works, but since it is a hand sewing project it is coming along pretty slow. Will post them as I finish them in case anyone else needs a quiet project.

4 comments:

Hess Fam said...

ugh. i LOVE! and i LOVE the fam pics. you look great.

Heidi said...

Do you have a pattern? Looks so cute, but I am so not crafty and dont think I could do it by sight alone. Email it to me if so.
heidi

A Rosie Family said...

Oh you crafty little thing you! Very fun!

The Gray Family said...

LOVE IT...you are way too crafty my friend! I love it though. Is there a link to a pattern? If I ever find the motivation I would love to do something like that...if so, you can email it to me at amygray2@hotmail.com.