Tuesday, March 31, 2009

maybe i'm a nurse practitioner

I went to 7 1/2 yrs of school and training to become a family nurse practitioner but some (my husband) would say you'd never know it. Sunday I took Nixon to church for the first time and felt a lump on the back of his neck. Of course I began panicking. When I got home from church I felt one on the other side of his head so I knew it was his lymph nodes. Still, when it comes to my children I can't think rationally so I began picturing little tumors all throughout his body. I called my brother to get his opinion. He told me not to worry about it, but I asked him for a total body scan to make sure there weren't tumors that I couldn't feel. He said no. So on Monday I called to doctor, packed up the two kids (during Logan's nap, ugh) paid my copay, just to hear the doctor say everything was ok. Kyle says we should get our money back for all the school I went to! It's rough being a mom worrying about your kids. Here's a sneak peak at the pictures my friend Sarah took of the boys.

10 comments:

Hess Fam said...

better safe than sorry sister. i think you made a wise choice going. DARLING picture! can't wait to see more!

Kenny said...

I love this picture! You look absolutely beautiful and the kids look darling. I love Logan's protective stance over your shoulder.

Sarah Hull said...

So glad he is o.k. I think you could be a full on doctor and still worry. It's just part of being a mom.

A Rosie Family said...

Your own kids are just a whole different story! Everything you think you KNOW just flies right out the window. I totally understand. I would have had it checked out too. No worries.

Great picture! So darling!!

Jen said...

That is such a great picture. You look great and your boys are so cute. Its OK to worry about your kids. It's different when it is your own.

Ashley said...

CUTE PICTURE...I can't wait to see the rest!---hey, "ain't no shame" on going to see the Dr.--I would have done the same thing!

The Ward Family said...

You look beautiful Trisha! What a great shot with your boys . .although you're missing the third.:)

Julia Warren said...

i love that picture. you look gorgeous.

The Gray Family said...

honestly, I think that more schooling equals more crazy neurotic moments! Sometimes too much knowledge is not a good thing. We are moms and worrying is what we do best :>) Love the picture by the way!

Kristin Milius said...

Your supposed to be worried, there your most prized possession! Plus most of the time Moms intuition is right on! No one believed me when I said Dawson had a brain tumor but I was right. Never be embarrassed to go to your doctor if he makes u feel bad, switch!