Saturday, March 21, 2009

3 weeks

Nixon had a Dr.'s appointment this week. He weighs 10lbs 11 oz and is 22 inches long. The doctor suggested that I only feed him on one side because he gained more weight than normal. I have to confess that I still feed on both sides because I like fat babies (I doubt Dr. Chang is reading my blog so I won't get in trouble). Everything checked out ok, except he has a gnarly diaper rash that I'm having to give him special baths three times a day for, along with antibiotic oint.

A few things I'm learning about my boy:

-He likes to sleep next to his mom. I don't plan on him sleeping with me, just somehow in my half awake state in the middle of the night he ends up next to me on my pillow. I know it is a bad habit, but I don't care because babies grow up too quickly.

-He is a little piggy and usually eats more than his tiny belly can handle resulting in lots of throw up which is somewhat amusing when it is all over his dad.

-He giggles randomly throughout the day. I wonder what a 3 week old has to giggle about? I'm guessing he's thinking about my reaction everytime he pees on me.

-He hates getting a bath, although I think he is getting used to them since he is getting three a day.

-He's not sure about his brother who loves to kiss him, but even more than that loves to hit him. I keep warning Logan that there is a possibility Nixon will be bigger than him, so watch out!

4 comments:

A Rosie Family said...

Awww, he is so cute... and don't worry I won't tell Dr. Chang on you! And I agree these babies grow up way too fast, enjoy every minute! I can't believe I haven't gotten over to see you guys yet. But if you haven't learned by now I am a flake! Thinking of you and hoping that cute guy is letting you get SOME sleep these days!

Hamblins said...

Trisha, your so good at blogging. I just got back to it. He is so dang cute!!! I think he looks like dad but at the same time he has his own look for sure. Jace is sleeping with me too and I know it's a bad idea. Oh well! Congrats on your cute big guy. I love chubby babies!!!!! Trent was huge, so keep doing what your doing.

The Gray Family said...

what a cutie! So I really think I found the best diaper rash cream ever...I got some samples from my pediatrician, and it was so great I had to track it down. It's called Calmoseptine. I asked the pharmacist at Target about it, and while they didn't carry it they did special order it for me. It's hospital grade, and they use it on wounds and other stuff (all that time working in ICU, you probably have used it yourself!). The retail price was $7.29, and it was money well spent (as we too have had some gnarly diaper rashes around here). Good luck...he is a cutie!

Hamblins said...

El Trisha...I just got poop shot at my face, so I know how you feel with the pee on you. Yuck!!! :D