Saturday, June 18, 2011

attack of the killer bees

Friday morning I decided to take the kids to the park to snap a few pictures of them. The park is about 10 houses up the street from us. Just as I was finishing up I heard Logan screaming at the top of his lungs so Nixon, Brynnley and I ran over to him. He was crying hysterically and was yelling that bees were stinging him. Sure enough we were suddenly surrounded by bees. Nixon started screaming and crying and they were attacking me also, so I yelled at the kids to hurry and run across the street. I picked up Logan's skateboard and crossed with them thinking the bees would be gone, but they followed us across the street. At that point Brynnley started crying, so with all three kids crying and the bees swarming around us I started screaming at the top of my lungs for the boys to run as fast as they could home, threw the skateboard down, and followed them screaming down the street. If my neighbors didn't think I was crazy already (which I'm pretty sure is impossible) they sure do now. One man came out of his house picked up the skateboard and brought it home to me. When I got to our house both of the boys were hiding on the porch in a corner crying. Once inside Logan was complaining that his head hurt and I found 2 stingers in his head. Poor kid. We all sat on the couch thoroughly tramatized. Nixon kept looking at me saying, "bees are scary," Logan kept complaining that his head hurt, and my heart was pounding out of my chest. Who would've thought bees would cause so much trouble. Kyle suggested that I get the boys ice cream to cheer them up, so we headed over to Baskin n robbins. Seemed to do the trick for the boys.......but I'm still afraid, maybe I need some ice cream too.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness!!! That is crazy!

A Rosie Family said...

That is crazy! Now I am afraid of bees!

Hess Fam said...

I'm seriously laughing so hard (which is probably really rude) picturing you all 4 running like crazy people!
So sad for Logan. He probably didn't feel it though! :)

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

How scary! Freaky that the bees followed you too! Wow. Thank goodness Ice Cream is the cure-all to things like that...I think I'll go have some now ;) wink wink

Nancy said...

OMG!! How scary!