Tuesday, March 15, 2011

two weeks old

There's nothing better than a newborn is there? I absolutely love everything about having a brand new baby (maybe if I was being a little picky I might change the lack of sleep that comes with a new baby).


I admit, I had a small meltdown on my last night at the hospital because I was worried that with two boys and a house to maintain I wouldn't be able to enjoy the newborn stage. Thankfully, we had amazing dinners brought in, and my husband has done everything for the boys when he is home, so I have been about to heal but more importantly just hold Brynnley for as long as I want to. Kyle doesn't care much for newborns, he prefers wrestling with the boys which is great for me.


Surprisingly, things have been going pretty smoothly with three kids. I have always heard that the change from 2 to 3 kids is the hardest, which may prove true in the future, but for now it hasn't been too bad. The boys still fight with each other, but they both love their sister. Thank goodness for preschool for Logan and nap time for Nixon. In fact I have been feeling so confident that I decided to go to the grocery store with all three kids. As soon as I walked into the store I realized my mistake and turned right around and left.

Kyle has been out of town for the past three days and while I survived, the tidiness of my house hasn't. I don't know who was more excited for dad to come home, the boys or me!

Brynnley is the best! It is a for sure thing that she is on team mom and Logan. Sometimes I get flashbacks of Logan as a newborn when I look at her. Those flashbacks save him from me wringing his neck. I get asked alot if there is a big difference having a little girl. So far the only difference is I haven't been peed on. I love seeing all the pink. I love holding her even in the middle of the night. I wish I could keep her a newborn forever.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

She is so darn cute... Love those cheeks!!! Can't wait to meet the little gal :)

Julia Warren said...

Sweeeeeet baby...you are making me excited for the newborn phase too!

Megan said...

I can't believe you had to single mom it while Kyle was out of town. I think the boys made him pay for it on Sunday! :)

sanny said...

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=3816791840837082302&postID=1806167933006884862&page=1&token=1305022198042