Wednesday, November 3, 2010

a frightening doc's appointment

Yesterday I had an OB appointment.

I dropped Logan off at school and Nixon and I started our drive on the 405 freeway.

All of a sudden a motorcycle policeman was driving next to me signalling 2-1 to me.

I was racking my brain for what 2-1 means?

So we drove next to each other for a little bit, trying to communicate, but my off ramp was coming up so I starting moving over lanes.

Now he was on my right side giving me the 2-1 signal.

I gave him my "I don't know what you are talking about" signal.

We continued next to each other for a while, until I decided to just pull over.

He got behind me, turned his lights on, and pulled me over.

He walks up to my car and tells me, "ma'm just so you know you aren't being pulled over unless a policeman's lights are on."

I was thinking, then just leave me alone.

He told me he was trying to figure out if I had 2 people or 1 person in the car, 2-1, since I was driving in the carpool lane.

My little Nixon was in his carseat, fast asleep.

Isn't it his job to just figure that out without distracting me while I'm driving on a busy freeway?

Gave me the perfect amount of anxiety right before my doctor's appointment.

Fortunately, my blood pressure was normal.

The whole time I was thinking......Logan would just be in heaven right now if he was in the car. He had a love/hate relationship with cops. Loves their cars/motorcycles, hates (fears) the actual policeman. He has been taught that policemen take bad little boys that hit their brothers to jail.

The actual doctor's appointment was not too exciting. I'm 21 weeks. New due date of March 13th. My doctor gave me the VBAC consent form so I can sign away my life should I choose to do it.

Nixon was an angel at the office although he walked up to everyone in the waiting room and wanted to sit on their laps and be held.

I need to start having talks with him about talking to strangers.

6 comments:

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

My goodness..that's a bit annoying of a cop to do that to you! Glad everything went ok at your appointment....keep on cookin' that little girl!

Brian and Kara said...

Addie was born march 13th! Great due date. Glad to hear your actual appointment was uneventful. :)

Hess Fam said...

Geez Louise! That Cop needs to move on to bigger and better crimes!

Ash and Christian said...

I was reading this, having my own anxiety attack thinking to myself, "What is 2-1? Why don't I know about this?!?!"

What a crazy cop... Aren't there more important things to worry about? Geez.

The Gray Family said...

my husband is a cop and I still had no idea what the 2-1 thing was. You should have just held up 3 fingers :>)

Anonymous said...

My due date with Ryker was March 14th. had him on March 11th. Glad to hear things are going well!