Sunday, November 7, 2010

Things I Have Learned

Here are some things I have learned this week...in no particular order:
  • Daylight Savings Time is so not worth it! It's dark at 4pm, my kids are cranky all day, and the hour I supposedly gained is lost resetting all the clocks in the house
  • Nixon might like candy wrappers more than candy. He is always asking for his Halloween "nandy", but once it's gone he carries around the trash w/ him the rest of the day
  • I am WAY too big to drive a Toyota Corolla
  • Jamba Juice has some pretty good oatmeal
  • the BCS is bound and determined to screw Boise State
  • it doesn't matter how long I stay at a Krispy Kreme store that is soon to open, they always start making donuts the day after I leave
  • going to the gym only twice a week makes me feel guilty. which is somewhat surprising since I only went 2 times in the previous 6 years
  • Stockton, CA is a pretty nice town...IF you're the kind of person who likes Bakersfield, CA....and I am!
  • it doesn't matter how tired Logan is, he still wants to wrestle all night
  • I need to appreciate nice hotel rooms, because apparently they are more rare than I suspected
  • Facebook is growing on me
  • nothing makes Trisha more angry than sports on TV
  • nothing makes me happier than sports on TV
  • I always take a book on business trips but never have time to read it
  • it doesn't matter if the Broncos play in Denver or London, they still need to fire their coach
  • watching 48 Hours Mystery before going to bed is an interesting experiment
  • working until 11pm and then eating dinner is not good on your stomach
  • getting to know new people is pretty interesting...everyone has such a unique story
  • I am a firm believer in Murphy's Law
  • I have only voted for 1 winner since moving to California
  • I like chocolate. I knew that already but Halloween always confirms it
  • not seeing your kids for 3 days isn't very fun
My favorite quote of the week: "So, Californians voted for Jerry Brown and Barbara "don't call me ma'am" Boxer, and against marijuana. They elected 2 of the biggest idiots running for office and they weren't even high" - NPR Las Vegas