Saturday, October 2, 2010

The facts of this pregnancy

1. I am so grateful to be pregnant with my 3rd child. So much so, that I never want to complain about pregnancy symptoms. In fact anytime I gag it makes me smile because it reassures me that the baby is fine.


2. I'm 17 weeks along, the doctor pushed me back a week according to an early ultrasound.


3. I find out on the 12th what I am having.


4. I'm hoping for a girl.


5. If I was a betting woman I would say I was having another boy (and I won't be that sad about it).


6. I feel almost the same as I did when I was pregnant with both boys, maybe a little less tired.


7. At a 12 week ultrasound the tech gave me her best guess on the gender of the baby but I've kept it a secret except from Kyle and maybe one other person.


8. I am 90% sure I am having a VBAC. I was 100% sure I wanted one prior to getting pregnant, 99% sure once I found out I was pregnant, 95% sure after my first talk with my doctor, and 90% sure now at 17 weeks......so we will see how sure I am as I get closer.

9. I am always awake from 2-3am it's good thinking time.


10. During that hour of thinking time I think about rupturing and dying during the VBAC. So I started having discussions with Kyle about the care of the kids should I die. Our first talk was about school being more important than sports. Fat chance, right.....that's why I need to stick around.


11. Logan seems more concerned about his baby then he was with Nixon. Whenever he sees me leaning onto something (squishing my belly) he yells, "Stop mom, the baby is crying." Hopefully he is nice to the baby once it is born.

12. During quiet time one day Logan and I were talking and he said, "mom, I want the doctor to cut your belly open right now so I can see the baby." I can't believe he remembers that's how Nixon was born.

13. I'm not keeping track of my weight gain, I will just let my doctor worry about that. But I still fit in my regular clothes.

14. I've been doing pregnancy projects which I will have to get to later.

3 comments:

The Gray Family said...

I can't wait to hear what you are having! And pregnancy insomnia is sucky...I too spent far too much time worrying between the hours of 2-3 am (turns out I worried about all the wrong things too). I am sure everything will be fine, and you will know when the time comes if the VBAC route is the way to go! Just make sure you get some really good life insurance now (and you know that is a JOKE!)

Ashley said...

I can't wait to hear what it is...I hope it's a girl too!!! - I am thinking maybe you should share with me what you found out the gender was though ;)

Good luck with the school and sports thing...I feel your pain ;)

Braden and Jodee said...

Fun post! Can't wait to hear what you're having :)