Thursday, October 7, 2010

Back track

Logan turned three.....along time ago (in August).

Originally I was going to throw him a birthday party, had the invitations signed and sealed to 8 of his favorite friends.

Then, Kyle's parents gave him his birthday present and he ran and hid in the corner embarassed.

So the party was cancelled before the invitations were ever sent.

On his birthday he got to eat lunch with his dad, all by himself.

Everytime I ask Logan what he wants me to make him for lunch he tells me "El Pollo Loco salad".........he gets a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. So eating an El Pollo Loco salad on his birthday was a real treat. An even bigger treat was that his brother wasn't anywhere near. The store manager brought Logan a birthday sundae and some of the workers sang him happy birthday, and he hid behind Kyle embarassed.

We had a little birthday celebration at my parent's house with just my brothers and parents. Instead of decorating a cake I bought some Toy Story action figures and stuck them on the top of the cake and called it good. We sang him happy birthday, and he hid behind Kyle embarassed. His favorite presents were his baseball glove and a microphone. Some facts about my 3 year old:

-his 2 year old year was rough.

-He loves sports. All of them. Hopefully he will make me money someday, and then I will be able to forget all the things that he has thrown full speed at my head and other innocent bystanders.

-His preschool teacher says he is smart. She says he knows more than the 4 year olds. Kyle and I don't know what to think about that, he sure plays dumb around here.

-He will still beat up your child (sigh)

-He loves salad and pickles

-He loves Nixon and especially loves to pick on him

-Whenever he sees a police car he tells me to race it.

-He sleeps in bed with me....every night. And I like it.

-He thinks it is funny to pee on the floor.

-His best friend is Harrison, they are quite the nightmare together.

-He loves anything with an engine and tells me all the time we need to buy a 4-wheeler.

-Even though Kyle and I have to resist to urge to strangle the kid, after he is sound asleep we have so many funny things to talk about because of him.

-He looks like an angel when he sleeps, too bad he doesn't nap anymore.

1 comment:

Hess Fam said...

I'm glad it took you longer to post than it did for me to get his gift. Now I don't feel quite as bad!