Monday, May 11, 2009

A little behind

I'm a little behind on our activities from last week. So here it goes....

We spent alot of time playing in the backyard (by the way my family thinks Nixon looks like Jeffrey R. Holland, what do you think?) Kyle taught Logan how to water the lawn, but he prefers to water us

One morning last week, I propped Nixon up on a pillow and started getting ready. After a little while I realized it was way too quiet. I feared for Nixon's life and ran out only to find this.

We went to The Huntington Library to meet up with some friends. We met up with Angie Jones and her two kids. Angie is a professor of biology at CSULB. When did I start hanging out with professors? I thought I was just a student there!
Here are a few pictures from the library

There is a childrens' garden that has water fountains for the kids to play in. This little stranger taught Logan to drink out of the fountain....great. The two boys explored the gardens

They climbed through the gardens

Logan loves any water so he got drenched

He loved every minute of it

I was super hot, especially having Nixon strapped to me (no strollers allowed). I wasn't about to nurse Nixon in the care, so before we left I fed Nixon in the air conditioned car. Logan drove, I think that was his favorite part of the trip.

Friday night Kyle called me out of the house to show me these two rat sitting on the power cords above our house. Ugh.
Since Logan loves the sand and water so much we took him to Seal Beach on Saturday evening. We thought it would be the perfect to let him get his feet wet, dig in the sand, and watch the boats. He hated it from the moment we stepped on the sand. He wouldn't walk. He didn't want the sand on him. He hated the water.
He ran away from the waves

And started walking back to the car without us

Kyle tried to show him how fun the waves were
He wasn't buying it. He just clenched onto Kyle's shirt.
Just proof that me and Nixon were there

We taught him to make a sandcastle. He was interested in it but didn't like the sand on his hands. I think his dear friend Collin taught him that.

Kyle and I both had our backs to the water while we were building sand castles. A big wave came soaked us, and knocked Logan over. The water almost covered his whole body so he wasn't very happy. That ended our trip to the beach. We'll try again next week!

Mother's day morning was spent at church. Don't let Logan's sweet face fool you, he was a pure terror in Sacrament.

My family came over in the afternoon to celebrate

3 comments:

The Ward Family said...

Looks like a busy week! The rats were hilarious, it was as if they were on a romantic date watching the sunset. Jocelynn loves to drive also, unfortunately that's everyday.

Ash and Christian said...

He really does look like Elder Holland. That is weird!

What fun pictures. And you are looking mighty fine my friend.

Miss you.

Braden and Jodee said...

Cute post. You are looking hot my dear! I haven't seen you forever!