Friday, May 2, 2008

Sewing time

I've had so many sewing projects that I have wanted to get done, but with a little one crawling around wanting continuous attention I haven't been very quick at getting things accomplished. So I figured with it being my "birthday week" I could use that as an excuse anytime Kyle was home to sew without Logan at my feet. Here are the projects I was able to finish!
For a long time I have been wanting new bedding but have never found anything I really like. So my friend Megan always gives me cute ideas and she just happened to have have these sheets from Urban Outfitters that she was going to return. I bought them from her and made a Duvet cover and five pillowcases out of the two sheets. I love the material! Megan also told me that I should cover my own buttons which turned out to be really easy and inexpensive. Megan told me how much she loved the material and was sad to give it up, so I had just enough material to make her a bag....I hope she really loved the material as much as she said!
And she made me this cute apron for my birthday!

Last but not least, I made this cute dress today while Logan took a nap. I had some extra material lying around and I think it came out so cute. The pattern says it is for a newborn. If any of you want it let me know and it's yours since I don't expect to be using it. I think it would make a cute summer dress!

14 comments:

Ash and Christian said...

I'd love love love the dress if you REALLY don't want it. :)

I saw those sheets in the back of the car and was wondering what you were doing with them. I LOVE the new bedding. And pillows are so cute.

And how nice of you to make the bag in the end. Now Megan can lay on your bed and match anytime...don't take that the wrong way. :)

So glad I got to see you today, you little sewing machine (pun intended)

Jill said...

Wow, it all turned out great! Little ones do interfere with sewing! I can only sew at night now when Kate is asleep. I like the bedding and the dress is adorable! Too bad Kate's not a newborn!

Leslie said...

Wow girl! You really need to move closer so you can show me how to do all these cool things! I thought our magnents were crafty!! You're so good! Love you guys!

The Ward Family said...

DANG! You are a pro. Have you thought about opening your own store!! You really should. You make the cutest things. Do you always have a pattern? They look perfect. That little girls dress is the cutest. I could try something like that for Jocelynn but it would never look as good as that. Who taught you to sew? Have u ever thought of giving lessons? I'd pay you :)

Hess Fam said...

I think that 'newborn' dress looks more like Collin's size???!!! ;) It's ADORABLE. Your bedding is TO DIE FOR. Now I'm really sad I gave them up. I knew if I saw them as the final product, I'd be so sad. Great job. And THANK YOU again for the bag. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

Amy said...

GET OUTTA HERE!!! I'm officially your biggest fan. I want to be just like you!!! Everything is SO cute!!!!!

Todd Family said...

dang that's impressive! good job!

Sarah Hull said...

I can't handle it! I love everything! Your talents are just amazing! That dress is to die for and the bedding is fabulous!

zuniga family said...

You are so talented!! Can we please have a sewing night and you can teach me? I can't even sew a straight line!!! You have an amazing gift!!

Brian and Kara said...

Hey Trisha!

I found your blog through Vicky Zuniga. Your little boy is so adorable! Brian and I just had a baby girl in March. Looks like you and Kyle are having a great time being parents. Glad you're doing well. And by the way...when did you become so good at sewing? I'm so impressed! We'll have to catch up sometime. Take care!

~Kara :)

p.s. - can I add you to my friends list?

Melissa said...

You AMAZE me with all your skill and talent...you go girl!

Heidi said...

So when did you become Miss Homemaker...eh? Cute stuff!

Do you have D-land passes? If so I am so mad at you and we need to plan a date.

If not, then next lunch date with you and Tiff I am there.

Anne said...

I'm so glad you posted about that!!!! I've been trying to find a duvet cover I like for the longest time. I thought about sheets too and I'm glad to know it works out! Very cute. I'll have to talk with you more about it!

Totally Hess said...

So did you just learn to sew at the classes you guys had with Ashley Christy or did you already know how to sew? Very impressive - and so was the car seat!