Thursday, September 8, 2011

What a difference from last year! Last year, he wouldn't let me take a picture. Last year, he started preschool crying his head off, screaming "mom, don't leave me." This year because everything was familiar to him (minus a change in some kids) he walked right in. I think I need to start talking to him about how he is going to be in a new school next year. Maybe if we talk about it daily for the next year my shy boy will be ready for kindergarten.

Sidenote: He had his 4 year old physical last week. Wouldn't say one word to the NP. Just buried his head in my chest, so shy. Cried when they took his blood pressure and because he kept moving the machine kept rechecking it.

He's always been pretty strong, doesn't cry much. But he got 4 boosters....man alive!! There was screaming, crying, tears streaming down his face. I was wrestling him, while trying to comfort him and had the other two kiddos there. It was rough, so rough that I told the nurse my husband would be bringing him next time for his shots. Apparently he doesn't need anymore until he is 10 (aside from a TB test).

He weighed 39.5 lbs
Height 3 ft 7 inch

Their computer system estimated he would be 6 ft 1inch as an adult. Kyle cried. He wants a really tall kid and 6'1" doesn't cut it.

3 comments:

Kevin and Melissa said...

Awww! He looks so cute!

Ashley said...

He looks so grown up!!!...still smiling about the height :-)

A Rosie Family said...

Glad to hear that this year went better than last... always a relief. As far as the shots/Dr. appt goes... I feel your pain. Did the same thing with my boys and it was an ABSOLUTE joke (a whole post in itself) and I swore Ryan would take then from now on!!