Thursday, September 15, 2011

6



At the beginning of the month B turned 6 months. But she was getting two bottom teeth, received four immunizations that gave her a fever for a few days, and caught a cold so I was occupied taking care of a grumpy baby (and two crazy boys) so there was very little free time for me.

At 6 months:


18 lbs 3 oz


2 ft 3 inches


Sits up. Sadly, I must admit that her brothers have both knocked her over at least once.


Has two bottom teeth and has biten me a time or two. When I screech and tell her no (with a little flick on her mouth), my happy baby just smiles and laughs.


Reaches for everything.


Eats solids 3 times a day. Rice cereal and applesauce, pears, carrots, sweet potatoes and squash. Time to sneak some greens in.


Eating solids has made other stuff solid. Great.


Still wakes up at night at least once.


Still sleeps in bed with me.


Fell out of my bed today so the crib will be going up soon.


Rocks as though she wants to start moving forward.


Cries if I leave the room. It makes me smile, except when I have something to do.


Carries around a pillowcase still.


Loves her paci.


Is amused by her brothers.


Her only word is mama


When she babbles she sounds like a gremlin.


Fits in some 3-6 months clothes and 6-12


Should probably be in a size 3 diaper all the time, but I have so many size 2s that I only put her in a 3 at nighttime.


I lay her on her back to sleep, but she rolls onto her belly and seems to be more comfortable sleeping that way.


She still wakes up around 6 and fusses until I put her next to me on my pillow. Then she puts her hand on my cheek and falls asleep. I may be tired at that time, but I never get tired of that early morning moment with her.


Love her.

2 comments:

ashcraft8 said...

She is soooo stinking cute!!!!!

Heidi said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!