Tuesday, August 23, 2011

super birthday

Whew!!! Throwing a birthday party is a lot of work. It was the first time I threw a "friends" birthday party. I knew it had to be superhero themed. Logan LOVES Ironman. But I decided to make it superheros so that I could make superman capes as party favors. I waited until the last minute to sew the capes (partially because I was waiting for RSVPs). Fortunately, my friend Melissa helped (actually she did it all) me the night before the party. I found myself finished up the superhero masks the morning of the party. The kids decorated their masks during the party and were adorable running around in their masks and capes. We invited 8 of Logan's guy friends. His best friends at the moment are: Harrison, Andrew, Gavin, Gabriel, Kasen, Drake, Thyssen, and Liam.....and his brother of course. I knew a few of the sisters would be joining us so I made a few pink superhero masks.

Brynnley tried one on before the party. Her tongue is super all on its own. They bounced

Miss B joined us for awhile before she passed out. Carrying those supercheeks around is a lot of work.

They beat the candy right out of batman



They recharged



They opened presents. It was a group effort.

Super Harrison

Super Thyssen saying goodbye

Super GabrielKasen


I was so tired after throwing the party that I called Kyle at work and told him I wouldn't be cooking dinner. We went out to dinner where Nixon was complaining of a stomach ache and wouldn't eat anything. Minutes later he threw up.....a ton of tootsie rolls. He then told me that his stomach felt better. Apparently I let him party too hard.


The next day my family came over for a party. Logan thought he was turning 5 because he was having another birthday party. Logan starts soccer soon so he got soccer gear along with an ironman mask and other toys.


This is pretty much how I have seen Logan since Saturday. I have to force him to take off his cleats.


Monday Logan met up with Kyle for his birthday lunch. He thought he was turning 6 because he was having a birthday lunch. He LOVES el pollo loco salads and so he received his birthday wish. Laura the manager also brought him an ice cream sundae and balloon and sang happy birthday to him. As expected, Logan hid behind his dad, shy as can be.

2 comments:

Kenny said...

Such a fun party! My kids even had their masks back on yesterday while they were playing

The Gray Family said...

now THAT is an awesome party...good job :>)your kids get cuter every time I see them (on your blog at least...maybe I should see them in person sometime!).