Friday, August 19, 2011

4



He's 4 (turned it on Friday but I couldn't get my computer to work). What do I say about this 4 year old of mine? For about the first year of his life I remember looking at him with nothing but love and sweetness. I would see mothers speaking with anger toward their kids and thought, "no, I will never be that mad at this sweet baby of mine." oops!!! This 4 year old of mine has given me a run for my money.


He challenges me daily.


My patience (or lack thereof) is tried constantly.


He is a tough, rough, active boy.


He knows right from wrong. He tests boundaries.


He is smart, but sometimes plays dumb.


He is shy.


He is super athletic.


He hoards his toys.


He loves superheros


He loves salad and hamburgers


He loves icecream


He loves sports, anything active he wants to do it.


He loves his siblings.


He prefers dad. (probably because I'm so mean)

He is just as surprised as I am when he listens. He says, "mom, I listened!" with a shocked, happy face. I used to think that he was just ignoring me. How could he not hear me yelling at the top of my lungs at him. But now I think he just gets caught up in what he is doing and really doesn't hear any outside distractions. Either way it is frustrating.

His preschool and primary teachers never have a problem with him.



As a kid I thought of birthdays as just a time to get present, eat what I wanted, enjoy the company of friends, etc. But now being a mom, I enjoy birthdays because it gives me time to think back to that miraculous day that I gave birth. Logan's birth is special because it was my first. He made me a mother. I love him. I expect a lot out of him. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with Logan.....but if you happen to be walking by my house and hear me yelling, "what have a done to deserve this?!?!" know that it is probably in reference to something my darling dear Logan has done.

I told Logan that 4 year olds are really good. We'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

i love that you admit like me, that children are trying. I love that we are still bonded because of this! :)

He is a CUTE DOLL! LOVE HIM! FUN!