Monday, February 14, 2011

Prepared

3 weeks left until I get to meet my girl! (probably plus a few days since that's how it seems to go for me)

Nesting is well underway.

I have been balancing on step stools cleaning walls and ceilings and on my hands and knees scrubbing floorboards. Every surface, shutter, blind, windowsill, closet, and drawer has been cleaned. The showers have been scrubbed with a toothbrush (darn grout). I have moved furniture around, and found and organized every single toy in the house. I've finished projects that I have been needing to complete for months.

Kyle made the comment to me the other day that we were going to go broke with how much cleaning supplies I've been using. Which made me wonder if he thinks that I was going through that many cleaning supplies and that they cost that much, maybe I could've convinced him to hire a cleaning lady. I'm going to have to remember that next time I have a baby.

Nesting is a crazy thing and I think it confuses my husband that I can move a large bookcase byself while he is at work, but struggle just to walk these days. It really is a crazy thing this nesting sensation. Here I am with a huge belly, all this extra weight, achy muscles but still have the desire to clean and orangize and prepare for the arrival of my baby. Doesn't seem like such good timing. Seems like it would make more sense if my husband had a strong desire to nest.

Kyle doesn't nest.

In fact, I'm not really sure that he would admit that we are having our third child. I'm pretty sure he's convinced that all my extra weight gain is due to a rather large intact of junk food....which would partially be true. Maybe that why I'm having a hard time convincing him to set up the crib.

I have also figured out after 7 plus years of marriage that he doesn't like waking up on a Saturday morning only to have my cleaning plans thrown at him. So what is a pregnant nesting girl to do but to schedule a cleaning appointment with her husband.

Last Saturday I booked him for the entire day of furniture moving and carpet cleaning. He didn't complain once, although I think I heard a loud sigh once or twice.

But he cleaned my carpets and he cleaned them well! It doesn't get much better for a housewife than clean carpets does it?

My house is prepared and today I was able to get the majority of the baby stuff prepared. This morning I had a baby shower courtesy of two of my favorite people in the work, Megan and Melissa. Unfortuanetly, I couldn't find my camera this morning, which was crazy because my house is so clean right now. Kyle found it in the garage, I had been taking pictures of the boys outside and left it out there earlier this week.

I have to say that I really don't love showers. For other people yes.....for me no. I don't like all the attention. Makes me nervous just thinking about it.

That being said, if you are going to have a shower you want Megan and Melissa to be throwing it for you. They are two of the most talented, creative, crafty, kind gals around, and I'm lucky that they are both my friends.

I feel guilty that they threw me a shower. Megan has helped me get ready for each one of my babies in some way and I'm sure she is praying that I stop having babies so quickly. Melissa not only is moving this weekend, but has sick kids (twins), let me raid her twins clothes for hand me downs, and has gotten suckered into helping me with a ton of projects (painting and distressing all my bedroom furniture, painting my kitchen table and chair, and the list goes on). I wish I had pictures of the morning because it was decorated so cute and they did such a good job. I couldn't be more greatful.

And thanks to a group of great gals, this baby has plenty of clothes! I have to say all the pink is overwhelming, a definite change from what I am used to, but I love it!

I got everything sorted and put away today. I keep opening her closet to look at all the pretty clothes.

So, I think we are ready to go. Something I think is kind of funny is that I didn't get one burp cloth this time around, so I will be heading out to the fabric store on Monday to whip up a few of those.

I can't believe that in just a few weeks I will have another baby and that it will be a girl! Yikes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

COngrats on havin this lil girl soon! I was you a year ago....Ryker was born March 11th. Do you guys have a name yet? Anyhow, I'm sure she will be as sweet as your boys...or sweeter since that's how us girls come =). Good luck. Hope it goes well.

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

After all your nesting, you deserved to be pampered at your beautiful shower!! Can't wait for you to have this baby girl and join the girl club!

Heidi said...

Ahhh...again SORRY for the shower...what a loser I am!

But loved the post. I ALWAYS totally NEST too and KNOW I drive Ned nuts when I do. So I guess its good I am not prego...ha ha ha

Hess Fam said...

Thanks for your kind words. And just so you know...I will be happy to help preparing for 10 more babies of yours. In the words of James Tayler..."shower the people you love with love"!!!
I'm so bummed I didn't have my camera. It did turn out pretty fun...if I do say so myself!
Please stop this nesting madness and hire someone...like me to come help you! You need to rest my friend!

The Gray Family said...

you are getting so close! Good luck with everything, but it sounds like you are all ready...I never did get too into the nesting thing (especially because this last time walking from the couch to the refrigerator was about all I could accomplish the last few months) but I wish I could get motivated to attack my shower with a toothbrush too :>) GOOD LUCK!!!