Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall=Flu

I love fall minus the fact that it starts flu season. Nixon had his 8 month checkup and received his flu shot along with a couple others. My sweet little boy is growing up quickly (actually he only gained a 1/2 inch in length). He has been climbing up on everything for about the pass month. Luckily, Logan is around to knock him down. I guess Logan knows I'm not ready for Nixon to grow up yet. I have a feeling I will be chasing around 2 active boys soon.

Nixon still sleeps in my bedroom in the pack n play. This is my view from the bed at 6:30 in the morning. It may be time to move him out of the room. Nixon really is just the sweetest boy. Although, the other day he was laughing and I heard a hint of an evil laugh, that I'm sure he picked up from his older brother. It scared me.
Logan was at school while I was at the doctors, so he missed his chance to get his flu shot. I asked the pediatrician if I could just have a vial of that nasty flu virus to give him myself.....and she let me. Just another reason I love Dr. Chang. Logan didn't like me for a second after the shot, but he's forgotten about it now.

My boys are building antibodies to the flu virus as I speak.

3 comments:

Kenny said...

I just love that you can give your boys shots from the comfort of your living room! I guess I know who to call if I decide to get my kids flu shots :)

A Rosie Family said...

Oh Dr. Chang... love that woman! What a brave mommy for dishing out the shot herself. But I hear you with the whole flu thing.. ugh!

Can't believe that Nixon is 8 months already by the way!

Hess Fam said...

What, What, WHAT???!!!!
I seriously can't believe she did that. That is a trusting doc! Maybe I'll just ask her if I can have a vial and my 'friend' can give my kid the shot?!