Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Disney report

The morning started off a little rough. Logan hid my eye contact case, luckily Kyle found them for me so I could see for the day. Then after Logan was all dressed, changed, fed, ready to go he got a hold of some lipstick and wrote all over the walls, his face and arms and his shirt. Little stinker.

But with some good planning, I still made it to Disneyland right when it opened. I had a plan (Small world, carousel, Casey Jr., animal zoo, jungle cruise, and Winnie the pooh). I knew I was risking my sanity taking both kids to the park for the first time, but decided I had to learn sometime. I should've had a child leash.

First ride of the day was it's a small world. The line was long, I had Nixon in the Bjorn and had to carry Logan until we got to the gated area. Luckily, a man on our boat lifted Logan in and out of the boat for me. Logan loved the ride. He kept looking at me like, "what magical place did you bring me to, where everyone is dancing and singing." It was worth the wait.

Logan waiting to get on the ride

Carousel: fast to get on, he loved it as always.
Casey Jr. was next: Logan lost it! Throwing tantrums, laying on the ground, hitting kids in line, walking through people (I don't know why they let him through). Everyone was staring at me like I was a crazy lady (probably true) and kept telling me I had my hands full. No pictures of Casey Jr., I was just happy when that train started. I was chanting with the train, "I think I can, I think I can."
Next the petting zoo. I have heard that people have ill feelings towards Chip and Dale, but they were hanging out at the zoo and so we took a quick picture with them. No problems there.
Logan's always well behaved when it comes to seeing animals, and pets them really soft. However, a little girl wasn't so soft and the huge sheep knocked her over and trampled over her body. Wish I had a picture of that, but just have one of Logan talking to a goat.
Then we ate lunch. I was nursing Nixon (who was a perfect baby all morning) while I was eating and he decided to have a major diaper explosion. Lunch was then over, he was covered in grossness, so we headed to the bathroom.
And then the birthday miracle came. While I was changing him I felt a tap on my shoulder and thought someone was going to give me grief about taking so long, but it was Lori Hess. She was there with her little girl, as were the Morrison's and Jones's (we hang out with them every Thursday at the park). So we spent the rest of the day with them and they were all so helpful with Logan. We went on more rides, they took Logan so I could go nurse Nixon in the fabulous nursing center, and let me go on a roller coaster.
Great day, but I was exhausted by the time we got home. Now I know I can handle it, which is good, since I can go back within 30 days to use my pass again....and I may just wait all 30 days.

5 comments:

Totally Hess said...

You are one brave lady! I am so glad we ran into you and so glad that Logan will let anyone hold him. I had fun! I will go back with you in 30 days - lets make a date.

Extra kudos for photographing your day when you were all by yourself!

Jill said...

I'm impressed. I have a hard enough time walking down the street to the park!!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday friend! Happy Birthday to Nixon too!!!

Leslie said...

I can't believe you went there all by yourself! You are very brave!! I'm worried about handling two of them at my house, let alone disney land!! Hope you had a "magical" birthday anyways!!

The Ward Family said...

Very impressive!