Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Let the nesting begin

Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment. The medical tech mentioned to me that I am 34 weeks pregnant (which I knew), but hearing it sent me into a little bit of a panic. I've been trying to clean and organize the last couple of weeks, but have found that it is nearly impossible to keep a spotless house with a little logi bear following in my footsteps leaving everything around. So I moved on to finishing a few projects that have been laying around half done for months. Most of Logan's old stuff will be passed down to our nameless child, but I wanted a few new things so here are a few...

Burps
blankets
Tag blankets, I made one for Logan and one for the new baby. Kyle claims that they are dangerous.
Covers for my "inclined to sleep" pad. After proudly showing Kyle that I figured out how to make a cover, he told me, "the kid is just going to pee all over it." Can you tell he doesn't love my sewing projects? That comment inspired me to make a few more covers for back ups. Church ties for Logan and onesie applique ties for the baby.
Iron ons that I found at Joannes
A birthday box minus a picture of the little guy. I can't wait to see what he looks like!
I also made curtains for the office, but can't get a good picture of them. I happily put my sewing machine away until I realized I needed to make a few more things....ugh!
Kyle also has been nesting in a manly way. He has decided to pull out a few trees/bushes around the house. Here is just one of them...
BeforeAfter
Now we both just need to apply our energy to getting the house ready for our new baby!

12 comments:

Hess Fam said...

Your nesting is making me exhausted. Will you nest for me?

Kenny said...

I second that. You are totally welcome to come organize my office. I can't even get any sewing done because there is still no where to put all my sewing stuff! Oh well, at this point I think I'd rather sleep during any free moments anyway ;)

Ashley said...

Holy smokes!!!...you are a "sewing machine!!!"--and very crafty...I can't wait to see what he looks like either...only a few more weeks to go...

Julia Warren said...

DANG GIRL. Now that is some serious nesting!

zuniga family said...

If you are still nesting, feel free to make some stuff for my unborn child! I will be more than happy to accept them! WOW! You are so crafty and i am so jealous!

Sarah Hull said...

I love everything! Those burp rags are fantastic! I love all the fabric choices! How I wish I could be more like you!
I can't believe that this baby is coming so soon! I feel like everyone I know is having their baby 5 weeks early. It's like a trend going on. So be careful!!!
Hope to see you soon!

The Peterson's said...

If you run out of nesting ideas, you can come to my house! I can find you plenty of projects! jk :) I do love what you've done with your time.

cari said...

Trisha you are so awesome. I have been dying to make ties for my boys but my mom who is a great sewer said that they are pretty difficult. Is that true? COuld you tell me how or do you use a pattern?

Jill said...

Good for you! I can't believe how fast these babies are coming! I, also, have been feeling the nesting urge. It took be about 5 hours to unpack my suitcase because I had to clean out every drawer I opened to put things away. I now have 3 bags for goodwill. :) Now I just need to figure out what double stroller to buy. Any suggestions?

Todd Family said...

I can't believe how creative you are! Way to go on all of your sewing! I love the onesies and that you ironed on those letters! so sweet!

Kristin Milius said...

Love the burp cloths! I usually do some with white cloth diapers and then sew a strip down the middle. Did u do that or make your own completly?

Hamblins said...

You've go talent. I feel like I can't get anything done because I can't move at all. The kids are doing a lot of the work. I bark orders from a laying down position and I feel so bad. Your house looks so dang cute.