Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hypertensive crisis!!

Yesterday, I went into the Dr's office for a routine OB exam and my blood pressure was high. I expected it would be (at the end of my pregnancy with Logan my pressure reached over 200 systolic). After a few more checks, the Dr. decided to ruin my plans of going to Disneyland and send me to the hospital to rule out preeclampsia. So it wasn't a hypertensive crisis by the medical definition, but trying to figure out what to do with my 18-mth old was a little bit of a crisis for me, especially since they told me that I might have to stay overnight at the hospital if my pressure didn't go down. Luckily, Kyle was able to meet me at the hospital and while I would've liked the company at the hospital, he was able to take Logan home and entertain him. At the hospital, they made me strip down, put on a gown, hooked me up to all the fetal monitoring, drew lots of labs, and checked my BP every 5 minutes. Turns out my pressure was perfect with me taking a nap. But, today I get to do a 24 hr urine collection, which is a horrible to do when you are pregnant!! They told me to put the bottle in the fridge....I don't think so!

12 comments:

Kyle said...

If you wanted company at that hospital, all you had to do was ask!

Trisha = High Blood Pressure
Trisha - Kyle & Logan = Cool as a Cucumber

Leslie said...

That's hilarious! I can just see kyle's face when he sees that bucket in the fridge! Maybe you just needed a good nap...in that oh-so-comfortable-gown! Happy peeing!! Love ya!

Hess Fam said...

Okay, YOu are BUSTED! You knew I had nothing going on yesterday. I could have TOTALLY picked him up from you. I can't believe you didn't call me. Remember Trisha...I'm your friend and that's what friends do. If I hear of this happening again and you don't call...we might not be friends anymore! Now go put your pee in the fridge...just don't mistake it for the Lemonade! SICK!

Kenny said...

Hey Megan, I was already close by and she still didn't let me come get Logan!

Trisha, do you really expect me to know what systolic means?

Ashley said...

Ugh...that sounds like loads of FUN!!!--at least it went down and hopefully you are feeling better!!!

Jill said...

bummer... hopefully it doesn't happen again! maybe you will get the baby out early :) not sure if that's good or bad...

The Gray Family said...

so sorry you are having to go through this...how much longer do you have? GOOD LUCK!!! I remember how un-fun it was to COLLECT patients' 24 hr urines....can't imagine having to do one :<(

Braden and Jodee said...

Urine right by the lemonade! GROSS. lol.

The Peterson's said...

Definitely don't go grabbing something to drink really late at night when your still sleepy...

A Rosie Family said...

Oh my gosh girlfriend! Glad to hear that things slowed down a bit(aka-your BP!) Please, please let me know if I can ever help. I mean really what is one more child at this point. Logan would fit right in with all these boys!

I wish I knew before... I could have brought home a bucket and some ice for your 24hr urine. Maybe even a sign to hang on your door:)

Julia Warren said...

I am so glad you're ok! And that you haven't gained a pound for three weeks! Go mama.

Hamblins said...

That's sucks!!! I hope your ok. Hey, maybe you'll go early!?!?