Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Advent calendar/December birthdays

I got the idea to make a stocking advent calendar from Jill Tanner, and its taken me the first 10 days of December to complete and hang up. I just made two stocking patterns, they are fairly small, and are filled with a candy cane for Logan to put on the Christmas tree everyday, and a piece of paper with an activity to complete for the day. Of course Logan has no clue what's going on, but it seems like it will be a fun family tradition. For todays activity we made a Christmas tree cake and he enjoyed sticking his fingers into the icing on the cake, so I guess it was worth it. I tried to make each stocking different, but they are all pretty simple. Here is todays stocking.
Today a bunch of us got together for a birthday lunch celebration. Two of my good friends have December birthdays.....I'm glad these two were born!

8 comments:

Jill said...

It turned out cute! We have been having fun with ours but Kate is still a little clueless. I'm thinking next year she will get it more.

Sarah Hull said...

Well, that is the most darling advent calendar ever! You are just so creative and crafty. I almost can't take it!!!

So sad I missed the Birthday lunch. It looked like fun. Carter is still struggling.

Julia Warren said...

I love Megan's blowing out the candle pose! Thanks for giving me a ride home from the fun.

Julia Warren said...

and your advent calendar is bomb!

Natalie said...

What a cute advent calendar! Great idea.

Ash and Christian said...

I too was laughing at Megan's hand while she was blowing out the candle. Can you e-mail me those pictures?

Thank YOU for the darling cake. And for planning such a fun lunch.

Amy said...

SO stinkin cute...the girls...the stockings...I love it all!!!!

Kevin and Melissa said...

Cute calendar. That looks like a lot of work! I hope we see you guys while we are down for Christmas.