Sunday, August 31, 2008

A little party for a little boy

I wanted to throw a huge birthday bash and Kyle didn't want to have a party at all (says Logan won't remember it anyways) so we agreed upon a little birthday party for my little man!

I saw an idea for a "ball" themed party through a blog and did it on a small scale.

So I made a little ball invitation
Had cupcakes with gumballs on top(I had lots of balls on top of the food table but no pictures taken)
I made a banner out of felt and ric rac, super cheap and reusable....not a great picture because it was a little windy.
We had a little bit of family at the party; two of my bros, one who is always studying even at a party.
my parents, sister in law to be, and cousin

Logan ate a little bit of cake and was a little wierded out by the singing
We opened some presents which he wasn't too excited about....
because all he wanted to do was ride his good ol' car
The other kids enjoyed the new toys and they eventually all played togetherThe party ended with the boys trying to pull out the trunk to a tree
doesn't that always happen at a party?
One more little project that I finished inspired by Natalie and Megan. I got these cigar boxes from Natalie (who doesn't smoke cigars, she just gets them from her husband's boss) and just painted on of them, used a little bit of scrapbook paper and mod pod, bought a wooden frame and did the same, and put a picture of Logan at birth inside. So every year I will put a picture of Logan from his birthday along with a letter from me and Kyle. I think it will be fun for him to look at the pictures and read the letters someday, and would you believe Kyle didn't complain about having to write a letter or call the idea cheesy!!!!

10 comments:

Hess Fam said...

I BEG of you to PLEASE crop that picture of me in the most awkward position. As you can see....I was trying to get OUT of the picture!!!
Other than that...thanks for a fun get together. Logan was so cute and so were the decorations.

The Gray Family said...

Trisha, you are quite the domestic diva! All of your projects are impressive. I'm glad you had a party....even though Logan won't remember it, it's fun to get those memories of them eating cake, opening presents, etc. Hope you're feeling good with the pregnancy!

Amy said...

Cute, cute. I love the ball theme. That is so cute and different. I love how Logan was "weirded" out at the singing...the look on his face is priceless.

Happy B-day to Logan!

The Ward Family said...

Is that Spencer in the picture? He looks so old if that is him! It was good seeing your parents, tell them Hi. I thought about having Jocelynn's party theme be balls but wasn't sure if that was too boyish? She likes balls.

Ash and Christian said...

And the award for my most flexible friend goes to Megan. Holy cow, that is intense.

What a darling party. I'm glad you copied the ball theme. It turned out so cute.

Happy Birthday Logi Bear!

Cherri Regnier said...

I laughed at Megan's request and laughed again at Ashley's comment.

Happy Birthday to your sweet boy!

Sarah Hull said...

Such a cute idea for a party! Also loved the crafty letter box. fabulous idea!

Melissa said...

I know I'm a little late...but Happy Birthday Logan!! I hope you had a great b-day party.

Trisha - everything (as always) looks amazing! Love the cigar box idea.

Todd Family said...

Hey! I haven't seen your parents since, well since you and jamie were in love with the la verne guys! i love that idea with writing letters to your son and putting them in a box! SO cute! you are so creative!

Natalie said...

Yeah to cigar boxes!!! It looks great. I'll have to start doing something with the piles of cigar boxes laying around my house. Oh and happy birthday, Logan!