Thursday, July 24, 2008

Just an average day

Almost every single one of my friends is either days away from giving birth or have brand new babies so we haven't had many playdates lately. It's made me realize that playdates may be more for the moms instead of the kids. I've had to think of as many things to keep Logan entertained during the day in order to keep me sane. Here are a few of the simple things we do.



Logan loves our cat but she doesn't love him back and he never gets to pet her. Kyle's co-worker Kim gave Logan this little weasel attached to a ball that rolls all over the place. For now he meows at it and is able to catch it. Most of the time!He's also developed a love for grapes. He'd eat them all day and that keeps him happy. Dangerous little fruit for an 11 month old, I know. We play in the sprinklers...he doesn't love it
And play in a little blow up pool and he can splash for hours.
I'm always trying to think of ways to fill our day so if anyone has good ideas pass them my way!

7 comments:

Ash and Christian said...

I'm sorry! I miss you guys! I just know I would be so miserable that you would never want to hang out with me again. As soon as this baby is out of me it's party time (well, give me a week or two.)

For now, Logan is as adorable as ever. Loving the new backyard.

Amy said...

OHHHH my gosh. I give Audrey hour long baths b/c we have NOTHING to do. She's even harder to plan things for b/c she doesn't move! Those play dates were definitely for the moms!

Heidi said...

I know I am going crazy too...but dying because I am HUGE already... August 28th is the set date now.

We do evening walks to the park or I take her to her Grammy's or to play with her cousin Ryan at her Nana's. LOVE COUSINS!

The Ward Family said...

I usually put a pile of socks, kitchen containers, and old credit cards on the floor and she is entertained for quite awhile. Of course, not the $80 bouncer I bought.
Playdates are definitely for the moms. They're great for the both of us. I wish we lived closer.

A Rosie Family said...

You would think that I would have lots of great ideas for you hun... sorry, nothing. It's usually just random things around the house or outside that keep my children entertained.

I will keep thinking and let you know when something wonderful pops into my head. (Could be a while)

Maybe we can play sometime... if you don't mind the madness of the Rosenlof's!!

Braden and Jodee said...

Mmmmm Grapes. Maybe me and Logan should hang out and eat grapes all day!

Melissa said...

Audrey and I are up to get together anytime...so the next time you are bored - give us a call and we'll meet at a park for lunch or go visit somewhere fun!