Monday, January 9, 2012

10

My dad called this morning complaining that I haven't updated my blog in a long time. My response, "Don't you know how busy these kids keep me? I don't have time to sit at the computer and blog." Then I tried to convince him to take the boys for a few days. But my parents had them over for a sleepover last week so that was pushing it.

I missed Brynnley's 9 month post. There was a good reason for it. I was waiting until her 9 month checkup to get her stats. Then the night of her checkup she woke up every half hour sick as a dog and I was too tired the next day to blog. Then the next day she broke out in a crazy rash covering her entire body and I didn't want to post any pictures of her (I realized I'm going to be a horribly insensitive mom when my kid's faces are covered in acne as teenagers). The rash on her face took a whole week to heal and by then I was busy with Christmas preparations so I gave up on her 9 month post.

So now she is 10 months.

She weighs somewhere around 21-22 lbs. However, she is only in the 75% for weight. Such a dainty thing. My brothers call her "heavy doll" (I had one as a child) and "big baby" from toy story.

Her height was in the 90th percentile.

She is CLINGY. Most of the time I don't mind it.

She crawls straight to my room when she is looking for me. Smart little thing. If I'm not in there she screams bloody murder.

She loves me most. Dad is a close second. Well...not that close.

Dad gets her to go to sleep at church every week.

The boys were either walking or close to it by this age. She isn't really close. She stands and walks along furniture and pushes toys around, but I don't see her walking soon.

She loves to eat what we are eating and drinking water. She pretty much wants to eat all day.

She nurses about 3 times a day. And probably still three times at night.

She smiles at everyone and makes them feel special. I keep the fact that she smiles at everyone a secret and let everyone feel like they are special.

She loves her pacifier and pillowcase.

While we were in Idaho I was so irritated with the lack of sleep we both got and promised to start sleep training the second we got home. Instead, I tucked her right into bed next to me.

She moves way too much when she sleeps.

She experienced the snow for the first time.

She started climbing stairs at the cabin (so glad I don't have to deal with those at home).

She has horrible skin. The "rash" she had at 9 months carried over to 10 months and I finally figured out that it was eczema. She also has had a diaper rash for over a month that I haven't been able to get rid of. I finally took her to the doctor to get prescriptions for all of her skin problems.

She plays peek a boo. She has started making some of the funniest expressions.

She is adorable. I know I'm her mother, but really she is. Love her.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

She is SO CUTE! I love her cheeks.

So Asher is 3.5 and weighs 26 lbs...ha ha ha

Hess Fam said...

Really. She is. I like babies...but I LOVE that girl! She is so yummy!

The Ward Family said...

i love the way you talk about your kids, makes me smile. She is super cute! Eczema runs on my husbands side. We've always had to use Tide with no perfumes and lotions and soaps with no perfumes. Helps a ton with my kids.

Ashley said...

Oh, I miss her!!! She is too cute!!! I think you should do an update on her cute brothers though too :-)

Amy said...

She is SO SO CUUUTE! I LOVE her Christmas outfit!