Wednesday, July 13, 2011

fourth of july

We went to my uncle's house on the 3rd for a dinner, ice cream, and their block parade. It was huge and led by a fire truck. I waited to the last minute to go to the store to buy decorations for their bikes and so I ended up not being able to find anything. I had to made due with my small craft supply. I don't think the boys really cared what their bikes looked like anyways.

Logan thought he was hot stuff riding his bike in the street. He never looked back to see if we were with him.

Nixon decided to let us know that he had to pee as we were standing waiting for the parade to start. I wasn't about to have him pee on someones tree while their were hundreds of people walking and so he peed his pants. Lovely.

Nixon doesn't ever really feel the need to move fast. So I was with Logan who thought he was racing and Kyle stayed behind with Nixon . Towards the end of the parade Kyle runs up to me with Nixon in his arms, who was out. He was slightly panicked and said, "Nixon is unresponsive." Who says that? Especially to a former ICU nurse!! Unresponsive....I started thinking, where's the crash cart, push some epi, charge to 360. Wait, where's speed racer Logan? Apparently Kyle was actually worried because Nixon fell asleep while riding his bike. Only my Nixon could fall asleep sitting up on his bike. He stayed asleep the rest of the night with me monitoring his respiratory/heart rate. I instructed Kyle not to ever say unresponsive to me again unless one of them really is. My heart can't handle that!


The fourth we spent at my parent's house just hanging out. Didn't take a single picture and the boys were both asleep before fireworks. Oh well.

No comments: