Tuesday, December 7, 2010

potty time

Friday morning I woke up, put underwear on Nixon and decided it was time to potty train him. He is one month older than what Logan was when I potty trained him. He had a few accidents that morning but once he woke up from his nap he stayed accident free the rest of the day.

Saturday we had to go to Lowes and Sam's club and I thought for sure he would have an accident, but he went to the bathroom once at Sam's club and made it home in the same dry clothes. Then Logan and I went to my parents' house and I thought for sure Kyle would slap a diaper on him (he's not really the day #2 potty training type), but I was surprised to find out that Nixon was still in underwear and accident free.

Sunday I was a little nervous because of our 3 hour church but somehow he managed to let his nursery teachers know that he had to "pee pee" and between Kyle and me checking on him he stayed nice and dry.

We are now on day 5 and he still hasn't had any accidents since day #!. I'm sure there will be some down the road, but I really am so proud of my big boy who loves his underwear. His little chuncky buns are perfectly pinchable, his tree trunk like thighs are adorable and I'm loving watching him run around diaper free.

And because my boys seem to have to be in competition over everything, Logan now wants me to watch him go to the bathroom and then congratulate him everytime!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Yay Nix!! That is so awesome! Those pictures are so adorable. Now you'll only have one in diapers...hehe..lucky you!

Natalie said...

Wow, that is great. Potty training is the worst thing you can ask a mother to do in my opinion.

The Ward Family said...

Wow. He looks so old. I have an image in my head of him being a baby. That's great for u that he's potty trained before the baby comes.

Hess Fam said...

This is still so crazy to me. and I agree with Natalie.

Titel Family said...

Isn't it so nice not having to buy diapers...at least for a short while. Good job Nixon! Thanks for our goodies, they are delish!!

My Homestead said...

That is awesome. I still haven't potty trained Noah and I think he is older!

6ayofa ;p said...

LOL soo Beautiful boy ;**
cut