Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Not how I thought it would go

Logan started preschool today

It didn't go how I thought it would

I thought I would drop him off and enjoy three hours with just one child.

Instead, we walked into preschool together......and Logan ran right out the front door.

I kissed him goodbye and told him I would see him in a little bit......he nearly strangled me so I wouldn't go.

I walked out the door listening to him crying hysterically saying very sadly, "mom, mom, mom"......I rushed to my car because I was crying too.

I thought about going back inside pulling my tuition check out of the box and saying he was done with school for the year, but I didn't.

I called Kyle and he told me to shake it off, Logan would be fine.

I texted a friend for reassurance.

I called another friend who dropped off her daughter after I had dropped off Logan. She said he was still crying pretty bad while she was there.

Then I spent my first three hours without Logan worrying about Logan.

Apparently he cried for 15 minutes with his hands on his face, then stopped, and started peeking out from in between his fingers and was fine after than.

His teacher called me this afternoon to make sure I was OK and to reassure me that he did fine today.

I cried again.

Hopefully tomorrow goes better.

No first day school pictures were taken, we both looked like a mess.

I've always hated school so maybe he gets it from me.

7 comments:

Hess Fam said...

Oh friend. I'm sure he'll do great. You have to remember that Collin is used to leaving me a couple days a week and has been since she was a baby. It will just take a little adjusting. But if you ever want to play with our one children from 9:30-12:30...I'm available!

Heidi said...

Yeah we started Ella last year (and just a heads up) some days she'd do great and leave just fine and then random days she'd scream, bolt for the door, and hang on my leg with a death grip (those days dont get any easier) but you just have to let em figure it out, he will!

Braden and Jodee said...

Oh that must have been so hard! I'm sure it will be fabulous once you guys get use to it. For hating school, you sure did a lot of it! :)

Jill said...

Ah! The heart strings! I know how you feel. Sadly, Kate was sick today and missed her first day of school! Instead we were at the doctor. She was bummed! We'll see how her actual first day goes!

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Hang in there...Eventually you will have 3 hours of peace and you'll wonder where the heck your kids went!

Aunt Jo said...

HI Trisha and Kyle,

That first day of school is tough on moms! Hang in there...it will get better. When Eric went to K, I walked him to the bus stop and was there when he got off. The next day he would only let watch from the front porch. The next day he told me I could only look out the window. The next day I could only "peek behind the curtains". So there you have it....they get all grown up and it makes moms cry.......Love to you all...Aunt JoAnn

A Rosie Family said...

Oh my, sorry to hear it was so rough. If it makes you feel any better Phearson cried when I left for the first 4 MONTHS of preschool last year. (His teacher always swore that he stop very shortly after I left). It will get better, hang in there. Maybe pictures for the 2nd week of school would be better:)