Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gone are my 20s

I'm 30! Yikes! I still feel like I'm young enough to be in high school.....errr college. But then I also remember being 14 years old babysitting every weekend for a 30yr old mom, man was she old!! Here's a little recap of the most significant events of my 20s. You'll just have to imagine all the friends, family, and fun mixed in there.



As a 20 year old I got accepted into the nursing program. I took care of my very first patient at Torrance Memorial Medical Center. I was scared to death. He was a semi comatose, on his death bed, incontinent, etc, etc, etc. I cried the night before I had to take care of him. I swore I would never forget his name, but the 30s have caught up to me I guess because I can't remember his name.



As a 21 year old I met a Idaho boy at church. He carried a purse on our first date. It was a few months before I dated him again (and I immediately fixed the purse problem)



AS a 22 year old I passed my RN boards and started my first real job as a nurse in the neuro ICU at Harbor UCLA. I had come a long way in 2 short years, no more crying over patients.....well I may have cried with some family members.



As a 23 year old I became Trisha Hunt.



As a 24 year old I survived my first year of marriage (the sports, all I can remember are sports), first year as a full time grad student, all while I worked 16 hour shifts so I could continue working fully time. It was a rough year.



As a 25 year old I became family nurse practitioner, wrote the longest paper of my life, and graduated with my master's degree. Swore I would never read another book, and I've done pretty good at keeping that promise.



As a 26 year old I got pregnant with my first baby. I was so excited!! I started counting down the days when I could stop waking up at 5:50 to make it to work on time.



As a 27 year old I gave birth to Logan. Sweetest baby boy ever. I quickly found out that waking up at 5:50 was a breeze compared to the demands of a newborn.



As a 28 year old I gave birth to Nixon. Another sweet baby!



As a 29 year old I........I can't think of a major event. But surviving being a mother of 2 active boys is enough right! Lots of Disneyland, lots of park, lots of sand, lots of playdates, lots of cleaning up messes, lots of diapers. I feel lucky to be home with them every second of every day, although it may not be good for my sanity.

I look forward to the 30s and all the new fun and adventures ahead. I see a few more kids joining our family at some point, lots of school and learning, primary church talks and prayers, fun family vacations and lots of time spent at the sports fields. I see myself as the crazy mom on the sidelines screaming at, I mean encouraging my kids. I see a small possibility of me going back to work and maybe, just maybe a vacation alone with my husband (maybe to celebrate our 10 year, Kyle?).

The 30s should be great right?!

10 comments:

Kenny said...

Yay for the 30s! I remember moving into the 10th ward and thinking that Natalie and her group of friends were so grown-up and mature because they were in their thirties (or close) and had at least one kid. Now I'm at their age and stage in life and I still don't believe it. I'm nowhere near as grown-up!

Hess Fam said...

I like Kendall's comment. It's so true!
I love this post. You accomplished a lot in your 20's. I hope 30 is just as successful.

Leslie said...

We love you anyways, even if you are "old"! hehe

The Gray Family said...

Happy birthday Trisha! I too am amazed at how fast the 20s flew by (and I too have LONG forgotten my first patient's name...but I DO remember helping my friend give a bed bath that first day and getting cussed out by a lady we thought was comatose). Hope you had a fun day!

Anonymous said...

Thought of u a lot yesterday. Hope u had a great b-day. The 20's have been great...you've accomplished alot. I think the 30's will be just as much fun. Glad to hear there may be a few more babies one day. You make cute boys...and I'm sure cute girls as well. Take care. Tell the fam hi.

ashcraft8 said...

What a great post and journal entry. Your twentys were great but your 30's will be better! Happy birthday

Julia Warren said...

Happy 30th Birthday! I didn't realize it was a milestone b-day for you. You have accomplished a lot and have a lot to be proud of only having been on this earth for 30 short years.

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you enjoy the next 10 years as much as you enjoyed your 20's...fun times!

A Rosie Family said...

What a great 10 years! Happy Belated birthday to such a sweet gal!!

Aunt Jo said...

30!!!! I think 30 was worse than 40 so you don't have to worry about that anymore!!! You have accomplished a lot in the last ten years, Trisha...and have lived to tell about it. Your boys are so cute...and I can tell they are active...isn't it fun to have two little guys to grow up together? Someday maybe a girl. Thanks for sharing all of your pictures...Aunt Jo in Idaho