Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter

I've been waiting to post about Easter because I forgot my camera and my dad took all the pictures of the kids during the family dinner and egg hunt. But it is tax season and my dad is a CPA so I don't think I will be getting those pictures until after April 15th.

We had a pre-Easter egg hunt with some friends. The kids were so cute running from the starting line to the eggs. Once Nixon got to the hunt he thought carefully before picking up each egg.
Until he discovered candy in them and then he had to sit down to really concentrate
check out those cheeks
Logan just put one piece of candy in this mouth to get a little taste of it and then would throw it on the ground and procede to the next piece.
We decorated eggs on Saturday while dad was at general conference for church(he has to set up the broadcast so we were loners all day and had to fill the time).
Surprisingly the mess was contained
But anyone who knows Logan knows he likes to throw and so one little egg didn't have a chance.
Easter morning Nixon woke up first and went straight to work cracking open eggs
Logan woke up and was really hesitant about the thought of the Easter bunny leaving him something.
On Easter we went to church, where the kids played in the nursery with Kyle, and I got to sit in the chapel and actually listen to every single speaker.
Here's where all the missing pictures should be. We went to my aunt's house for dinner with all my extended family. The egg hunt started out with just the kids looking for eggs but once the whistle was blown it was fair game for everyone. Some adults were too proud to look for money filled eggs, but not me!! I take my egg hunting very seriously, always have. I may have knocked down a cousin who was eyeing the same egg as me. In the end, I made a little money.
The next morning was rainy so instead of taking the kids to the park like we normally do they opened all of my hard earned eggs and put the money in their banks.
I found one of the big prizes, this money filled chocolate bunny....yes I am pretty proud

3 comments:

The Gray Family said...

it doesn't take them long to figure out the good stuff is in the eggs...those pictures of Nixon are totally making me laugh (maybe because they remind me so much of my boys?)

Leslie said...

So cute. I can't believe how big Nixon is getting, he's almost as big as Logi! Looks like you guys had a good easter!! Love ya guys!

Aunt Jo said...

Looks like a fun chocolate time to me......your little boys are adorable. Andrea's family and Brion and I were in Long Beach boarding the Carnival for the Sunny Mexican Rivera Cruise. Andrea tried to call you but could not get hold of you all. Yes we did feel the quake but I thought it was sea legs. Hope all is well....see you sometine this summer...Aunt JoAnn