Wednesday, January 6, 2010

These two keep me busy

We're back from Idaho. I'm fully defrosted, wearing flip flops again, the boys are sleeping in there own rooms and beds....life is back to normal. All of my pictures from the trip are on Kyle's laptop, so I will have to wait to post about the trip.

While we were away, Nixon turned 10 months. Here are some updates on him

  • He is the sweetest thing, except when it comes to changing his diaper or clothes. He is a strong little baby and makes it nearly impossible to change him.
  • eats non stop
  • stands for long periods of time
  • takes 2 steps, and then crawls
  • has 4 teeth
  • claps
  • dances
  • shakes his head
  • says "dada"
  • still loves to be held....my arm is really sore all the time

He had a doctor's appointment today and is 23 lbs 30 inches tall. Tonight we will be looking for a new carseat for him because I can't buckle the one he is in, the little chunker.


The day is getting closer to when Nixon can take on his older brother. Logan keeps me busy!!! Anytime I step out of the house I get comments about how I have my hands full. He is mischevious, so so naughty, throws everything in sight, is on the go non-stop, and is the biggest bully you will ever meet......but I love him. And, on rare occasion when I do my hair and makeup he looks at me bewildered and says, "mom pretty."

After being potty trained for months, he decided to start pooping and peeing his pants. But within the last month he is doing much much better. He has decided that he wants to pee standing up but doesn't have the aim quite right yet, so I am constantly cleaning up the floor and toilet. At least he is going on the toilet.

If I could just stop him from beating up other kids life would be much easier. Oddly enough, his nursery teacher tells me he is sweet, never hits, but does like to throw. I think she is lying to me. My brother in law told me to get him punching gloves so that he could hit everything until he got it out of his system. Any ideas?

Can't you just see the wheels turning in his head in these pictures.....naughty!
Christmas cards never happened this year (I have my hands full), so here is the most recent picture of my boys.

7 comments:

Kenny said...

I miss you and your little rascals! He doesn't beat up my kid, so let's play :)

Natalie said...

Sorry to tell you but I'm still cleaning up pee in the bathroom and my boys are older. I'm not sure when they out grow that.

The Ward Family said...

I love all those pictures of your boys. They are both very cute!

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Darling pictures of your boys!

Amy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE those pics!!! What a couple of cuties! And I love the "mom pretty"...so cute.

Hess Fam said...

I tell Autumn all the time that I feel bad for her being in a house full of boys. I can't imagine the constant pee everywhere. Collin and Logan are going to be forced to love each other now that Phearson is out of nursery.

cari said...

Super cute pictures Trisha! Aren't boys so much fun!