Monday, June 22, 2009

There's no going back

I don't mind diapers. I love that we can be anywhere and I can find a spot, clean up a little bum, wrap it in a tight little package, and toss it in the trash. I don't get grossed out by them. How could I when I used to change huge, gross, bedridden bums for a living (that makes me sound like I had the worse job ever). But after my last shopping trip to Sam's club for 2 boxes of diapers for the boys, I decided it was time to potty train Logan. Enough of these $80 bills for diapers! We are on day 6 of training. There have been a few accidents, but he has been doing pretty good. He's been wearing underwear for 6 days now, so it looks like my money saving idea is paying off. I was a little nervous about putting him in nursery for church yesterday without a diaper, but he went the whole 2 hours without any problem. I expect we will have accidents along the way but there's no going back now.

I think since I'm saving $40 on diapers, I deserve a new shirt....don't you think (kyle)?

7 comments:

Ash and Christian said...

I think so! Good job mommy! I'm so glad that things are going smoothly. Logan looks like such a big boy sitting on the toilet like that.

Hess Fam said...

Oh I'm turning green with envy! Maybe I'll crack down this week?! Or maybe I'll find something more fun to do?!

Heidi said...

Oh it is heaven...and yeah we couldnt afford it either.

Ella have been trained for a while, but when we first tried she had a few hard weeks...we wanted to quit and just kept going and now she is ok.

I heard girls are easier than boys though, and I heard having boys pee out on the grass helps them learn quicker?!?! Go figure?!

Ashley said...

I think you deserve 2 shirts...or maybe one every time you go shopping for diapers???!!!! So, by "cabin time" we should be good, right?

A Rosie Family said...

Good for you! There is really nothing better than a diaper free child.. or maybe just the extra $$ in your pocket! And I say Mom DEFINATELY deserves a new shirt, no make that a new outfit!

Brian and Kara said...

Yes you do! And for doing all the potty training you deserve some new shoes too! :)

The Ward Family said...

That's great. I need to just go buy some underwear. She goes at home but I hate the inconvenience when we go out.