Wednesday, June 17, 2009

San Diego Zoo

I've realized after yesterday that I have been going about these day excursions all wrong. Trying to take care of both kids, carrying all the necessary stuff, and pushing a stroller by myself is a lot of work. Yesterday, my parents joined me and the kids at the zoo. So I had lots of help! Here are a few of the highlights.

Snakes alligators....or were they crocodiles?
turtles (one of nixon's nicknames is turtle)
animals statues were a big hit
These two reminded me of my and nixon
monkey masks were a hit
Nixon's turn
Hippos
not sure why there was a tractor but logan loved it
Elephant odyssey
elephant statues
Absolute favorite of the day was this polar bear playing with the big purple ball. Logan was a little irritated that he couldn't play ball with it.
Zebras
Bears. Hopefully we will see some in ID in a couple of weeksRhinos
Giraffes
It's nice to have grandparents isn't it?!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

OOhh...I couldnt agree more its so much better with back up.

We have been contemplating getting SD Zoo passes, we got something in the mail for $84 for the dual membership...is that a good deal. Do you love it?

Hess Fam said...

such a fun day. i still would love to go to that zoo. i'm pretty sure I've never been.

A Rosie Family said...

Looks like it was a hit all around. Happy kids, animals, and best of all help for mommy!