Thursday, May 24, 2012

I started work at "Hotel Hoag".  There's a lot to say, but I'm too tired to talk about any of it thanks to NIGHT shift.  I wasn't a great blog updater before but I'm pretty sure you won't hear from me for while until I'm able to adjust to this crazy new schedule I've got.  Night shift does crazy things to you.  On my drive to the hospital for my second shift I started thinking.....I never should've gone to school and gotten my degree in nursing, then I could just get welfare.  Ha, but I was serious.  Completely irrational thought.  I'm actually very grateful for my education, for my friend Shannon who got me a job on her unit (even if it is tele), and for the opportunity I have to practice nursing again.  Now, if I just don't kick any patients out of their beds so I can sleep all will be ok.     

9 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I lost a baby at 18 weeks and I know how hard it is. Sending you wishes for comfort.

Heidi said...

HA! Good luck! Hang in there. "This to shall pass" Just what you want to hear, right?!?! love ya friend.

Presley family said...

BIG HUGS and hang in there and if your are ever "0ver it" we need a 40 hour a week nurse for Bubba ;-)

The Gray Family said...

so sorry to hear your news....hang in there!!!It sounds like you have a lot to distract you now at least??? Love you!

The Ward Family said...

So sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Praying for you and your family!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss. Some things in our life is totally out of our control. It's great to hear that your practicing nursing again. You can't go wrong in the medical field. Best wishes. Hang in there. Things will get better. http://thesecretebooks.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.